Destiny 2’s seemingly weekly bout of downtime for server maintenance is coming Tuesday instead of Monday this week, with a new update scheduled to launch during it.
The maintenance window is set to begin at 11 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, Oct. 3, six hours after the weekly reset. As usual, that’s when Bungie will stop allowing players to sign in to Destiny 2, but people who are already playing will be able to continue until noon EDT. At that point, the studio will kick everybody out of the game. Bungie expects to complete maintenance at 3 p.m. EDT.
Once the Destiny 2 servers are back online, the game will prompt players to download what Bungie describes as a “hotfix,” which seems to be a term for an update that isn’t as big as a patch. Hotfix 22.214.171.124 includes the following bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue in which players could lose access to the Veteran’s Transmat Effect by deleting characters
- Fixed an issue in which clan engrams would grant Trials of the Nine and raid rewards at only 10 Power
- Fixed an issue in which progress for the Exotic Quest Step “His Highness’s Seal” was not incrementing properly (Quest progress will still increment by 1, but the Quest Step now only requires 10 Seals to be collected)
- Fixed an issue in which raid milestones would not show for some players after the weekly reset (This didn’t affect any raid rewards)
- Fixed issues in which players could enter a state where they are continuously killed or unable to resurrect if encounter complete and failure events occurred simultaneously
The note about clan engrams is interesting — many players had assumed that rewards from Hawthorne’s legendary engrams were supposed to drop at a power level of 10. After all, clan engrams represent loot that you didn’t earn yourself: It’s awarded for feats that other people in your clan have accomplished.